How Do I Get Rid Of Pigeons
Pigeons are common urban pests that can cause numerous issues, including property damage, health risks, and unsightly messes. Getting rid of pigeons effectively requires a multi-pronged approach that combines preventive measures, humane deterrents, and, if necessary, professional assistance. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore various methods to get rid of pigeons and keep them away from different areas such as roofs, pools, warehouses, and trees.
I. How to Get Rid Of Pigeons In Warehouse:
Pigeon droppings can be not only unsightly but also corrosive and harmful to health. To get rid of pigeon poop:
- Regular Cleaning: Clean up pigeon droppings as soon as you notice them. Use a mixture of water and mild detergent to clean the affected areas. Always wear protective gloves and a mask when handling droppings.
- Pressure Washing: For larger areas affected by pigeon poop, use a pressure washer to remove the droppings effectively. Be cautious not to damage surfaces during the process.
- Bird Deterrents: Implement bird deterrents to prevent pigeons from roosting and leaving droppings in the same areas repeatedly.
II. How Much Does It Cost to Get Rid of Pigeons
The cost of getting rid of pigeons can vary based on the method used and the severity of the infestation. Here are some common methods and their potential costs:
- DIY Methods: DIY options like bird spikes, netting, and scare devices are relatively affordable and can cost between $50 to $500, depending on the size of the area to be covered.
- Professional Services: Hiring a professional pest control company can cost anywhere from $300 to $1,500, depending on the scope of the infestation and the chosen method of removal.
III. How To Get Rid Of Pigeons Around Pool:
Having pigeons around a pool area can be a nuisance, but there are effective ways to deter them:
- Poolside Netting: Install bird netting over the pool area to prevent pigeons from accessing it.
- Scare Tactics: Use visual deterrents like reflective objects, scarecrows, or plastic predators to frighten pigeons away.
- Water Features: Consider adding a motion-activated water feature or a pool fountain to deter pigeons from landing near the pool.
IV. How to Get Rid of Pigeons in a Warehouse:
Pigeons in a warehouse can cause damage to goods and create health hazards. To eliminate them:
- Sealing Entry Points: Inspect the warehouse for any openings or gaps and seal them to prevent pigeons from entering.
- Traps: Consider using live pigeon traps to catch and relocate the birds.
- Ultrasonic Devices: Some ultrasonic devices emit high-frequency sounds that disturb pigeons, encouraging them to leave the area.
V. How to Get Rid of Pigeons With Poison:
Using poison to eliminate pigeons is not recommended due to ethical and legal concerns. It can also lead to secondary poisoning of other animals or even pets.
VI. How To Rid Of Pigeons On Roof:
Pigeons are notorious for roosting on roofs. Here’s how to address this problem:
- Bird Spikes: Install bird spikes along the roof’s edges and ledges to prevent pigeons from landing.
- Deterrent Gels: Apply non-toxic pigeon deterrent gel on the roof’s surface to create an uncomfortable landing spot for the birds.
- Scare Balloons and Owls: Use scare balloons or owl decoys to discourage pigeons from roosting on the roof.
VII. How to Get Rid Of Pigeons from Trees:
Preventing pigeons from roosting in trees involves similar methods used for roofs:
- Reflective Objects: Hang reflective objects, like CDs or aluminum foil, from branches to deter pigeons.
- Netting: Use bird netting to cover the trees and prevent pigeons from accessing them.
VIII. How Do I Permanently Get Rid Of Pigeons:
Getting rid of pigeons permanently requires a combination of long-term deterrents and consistent maintenance. Some strategies include:
- Habitat Modification: Remove potential food sources and nesting sites around your property.
- Consistent Maintenance: Regularly clean up bird droppings and apply deterrents as needed.
- Professional Assistance: Consider seeking help from pigeon pest control experts for a more permanent solution.
Getting rid of pigeons effectively and permanently requires a well-thought-out plan that considers the specific area and the severity of the infestation. By implementing humane deterrents, regular maintenance, and, if needed, seeking professional assistance, you can create an environment that discourages pigeons from roosting and nesting on your property, ensuring a cleaner and more pest-free space.